Deval Bushcrafter by Stuart Mitchell

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bradleybuckman

Forager
Jun 25, 2010
Kentucky, USA
I received my Deval Bushcrafter last week from Stuart Mitchell, and I have to say that I'm very impressed with the knife, and Stu's craftsmanship. It has carbon fiber scales, a tapered tang, RWL-34 steel, and red liners. I haven't really had much of an opportunity to use it yet, but it has performed great from the little use that it has seen.

DSC01280.jpg

DSC01278.jpg

DSC01274.jpg

DSC01269.jpg

DSC01245.jpg

Last edited:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
You forgot to mention how great I am too.

Welcome to the forum B, you'll see some familiar faces from BcUSA here too.

bradleybuckman

Forager
Jun 25, 2010
Kentucky, USA
You forgot to mention how great I am too.

Welcome to the forum B, you'll see some familiar faces from BcUSA here too.

Yes, I apologize for forgetting to mention that.:) You do deserve a fair amount of recognition for designing the knife. Hopefully, I'll get the opportunity to get out soon and put it to some use.

I had joined up here some time ago, but had never posted anything. Recently I decided to branch out a little and get some different perspectives and skills. Seems like you guys in the UK have a pretty deep pool of talent and knowledge in the area of knives and bushcraft.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Awww shucks.

Our own LuckyLee up there did your sheath too.

Blimey, 2010, you certainly took your time posting. Still, that's the best and most superb post with pics you could have opened with. So well worth the wait :approve:

bradleybuckman

Forager
Jun 25, 2010
Kentucky, USA
I saw the initials on the back of the sheath, but had no idea who made it. He did an excellent job and it compliments the knife very well.

Yeah, I think I came across BCUK after following some of Kepis's posts, and his talents and skills really impressed me. I was actually just looking at some of the pictures from a few of the members here recent trips and you guys have a beautiful countryside. I really regret spending all my time in London when I was in England and not getting out and seeing more of the country. Hopefully I can add some productive info here and not take another year or so before my next post.

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Hi and welcome,

Another fan of Stu Mitchell's workmanship here, after buying one of his bushcraft knives i've since ordered a custom knife from him.

I was really close to going with carbon scales, but ended up going with Desert Ironwood, seeing how great your knife looks, I'm not so sure now :lmao:

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
It's Deja Vu all over again :) Good to have another Yank over here to help me translate the UK language into English...just kidding lads.

Last edited:

bradleybuckman

Forager
Jun 25, 2010
Kentucky, USA
Hi and welcome,

Another fan of Stu Mitchell's workmanship here, after buying one of his bushcraft knives i've since ordered a custom knife from him.

I was really close to going with carbon scales, but ended up going with Desert Ironwood, seeing how great your knife looks, I'm not so sure now :lmao:

Thanks. I'm sure that your Desert Ironwood scales will look great too. I have several knives with Desert Ironwood scales that I really like and it's probably one of my favorite woods for knife scales. The carbon fiber scales really caught my eye as I had never really seen anything like that over here, plus they should hold up forever and be immune to some of the issues that even stabilized wood scales can have.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE