Deuter Packs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bhod

Forager
Feb 2, 2007
North Tyneside
Has anyone used Deuter daypacks/rucksacks and would they recommend them?. Am looking for a new pack and have spied the Deuter Guide 35 plus which seems to fit the bill for me but having never used them before don't know what to expect on build quality, longevity etc.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
My previous pack was a Deuter pack (ac32 I think). it was very comfortable, good load transfer, and pretty rugged. But it was heavy (twice the weight empty of my Osprey 30), and after 7 years of use I had warn the fabric off part of the hip belt. Note that is with heavy use as my every day bag, including filling it with shopping from the supermarket frequently.

J

Bhod

Forager
Feb 2, 2007
North Tyneside
Sounds as though you had value for money from the Deuter pack. The weight of the sack I'm not too bothered about but it's good to hear that comfort, load transfer and ruggedness are all in the plus category, I've do like Osprey and have owned several through the years but, I have looked in the same litreage capacity and none of them really seem to fit the bill or have add-ons that I don't require. Looks like it could be a trip to several shops to get a good look and feel for a couple of sacks but it is encouraging to know that Deuter are a good make.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
I had one for carrying stuff when running and found it very comfy. It did eventually die, but I was doing some jogging every day with it and I think got a couple of years out of it.

chmusar

Apr 5, 2015
uk
I have a deuter AC32 had it for 6 years still going strong a bit faded but it is well balanced when full and the hip belt is very comfortable it's not the lightest compared to other packs due to the frame which is mesh and does not touch your back so good airflow.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Bhod

Forager
Feb 2, 2007
North Tyneside
More than happy with my purchase of the Deuter Guide 35+, (got an unused one off the well known auction site for £75), although not strictly a "Walking" pack but a climbing one it fits my needs very well. Large enough to carry everything I need for a day on the hills with plenty of rummage space, in addition to the top opening there is also side entry meaning I don't have to tip eerything out to get at stuff in the bottom. Very comfortable pack to wear and easily adjusted, sturdy and very supportive hip belt which many of the other packs I looked at lacked or where inadequate due to the (imo) gimicky pocket/s on the belt. Plenty of scope for strapping additional stuff to it should I require it, I can highly recomend it as a dedicated walking pack should someone be looking for something that is robust, comfortable and well made. I'd score it 10/10 so far on the trips I've made with it, another pending walk this weekend (Seathwaite to Scafell via Styhead Tarn and the Corridor) will see it get another outing, will be nice to see how comfortable it is after a bit more of a challenging walk.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE