Details about the Mora Mors Kochanski uses??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DavidEnoch

Feb 22, 2007
Dallas, Texas USA
I saw a small picture with a caption about the Mora knife Mors Kochanski uses. The picture showed a standard red wood handled Mora with a forward lanyard loop through the handle, said the blade guard was ground off, and said the tip of the blade was re-ground to a modified tanto shape. Does anyone have a good picture and better description of how Mors modified the Mora?

Thanks,

David Enoch

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I saw a small picture with a caption about the Mora knife Mors Kochanski uses. The picture showed a standard red wood handled Mora with a forward lanyard loop through the handle, said the blade guard was ground off, and said the tip of the blade was re-ground to a modified tanto shape. Does anyone have a good picture and better description of how Mors modified the Mora?

Thanks,

David Enoch

Not exactly what you are looking for but here is an article in Field & Stream then did on one of Mor's moras.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Does this help? He did chat about "oh, I really must kncok the guard off this...ah well I've been saying it for two years" :)

He really didn't seem over stressed about knives tbh

3064029094_0eef56498b_o.jpg

3064029106_8ec44b7477_o.jpg

Red

eraaij

Settler
Feb 18, 2004
Arnhem
Mors brought a whole garbage bag of old Mora and -like knives to the course I attended. My impression is that he really does not give much about them - it just needs to cut very well and keep an edge. He used the skookum a lot during the week - since 3 of those came in fresh from Rod. But he just as easily switches to something else that works well.

-Emile

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
What does Mors use - anything that works - or so it would apear....
not a man for designer labels but one who likes practicality!

I wonder if he searches BGs site and RMs books to see what he "must buy"......:D

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
What does Mors use - anything that works - or so it would apear....
not a man for designer labels but one who likes practicality!

I wonder if he searches BGs site and RMs books to see what he "must buy"......:D

Swedish bushcrafters -- probably even Lars Fält -- was wearing M59 shirts, bandanas and white snow suits before RM was even born, and it is obviously the reason he wore (and still wears?) them. Obviously RM is a fashion victim!

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I'm led to believe that these are some notes from the man himself on what to look for in a good knife, no mention of guards and how he'd modify one on a Mora though :D

I think the image was originally posted by Gwhtbushcraft.

morsknife_w.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE