Desert Boots by Clarks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 27, 2011
Canada
Hi everyone. Just picked up a pair of 'Desert Boots' by Clarks. I'm using them for all sorts of tramping about, except heavily laden hiking and when the weathers soggy. They are those tan suede color one's with the crepe soles. Gotta tell you they are the most light weight comfortable boots I've worn in ages. Actually my mom outfitted my brother and I with these when we were young lads. We would wear them every day and run around from dawn till dusk in them, and they just never wore out(and you know how tough kids are on their footwear). They are a bit pricey over here nowadays(about $100 Cdn.). I guess that translates into what, about 200 pounds in the U.K? I know you can get some cheaper knock-offs, but the quality is suspect.
On a similar note, have been eyeing some Clarks Wallabee's for casual fun(also pricey).
I understand that Clarks were(or are) originally from England. This so?
So do any of you folks tramp around with them, on, and off the pavement? I'm hoping my new pair hold up like the ones I had as a lad.
Cheers
Alex

Jun 27, 2011
Canada
That's impressive northumbrian. I had no idea there were so many styles. I have the tan colored one called 'Wolf' for 79 pounds. Thanks for the link.
Cheers
alex

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Yeah as kids my brother and I kicked about in desert boots for years, never wore out - always outgrew them and so much nicer than Polyveldt shoes
Showing me age now. Not great in the wet but fantastic in hot weather. Mainly use Blundstones for kicking about these days. Keep me comfy and dry and the sand and grit out.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I had some of the amber coloured ones years ago, my squaddie mate used to call em desert wellies.
Really really comfy things that lived on my feet for ages.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Yeah I use my Clarks desert boots all the time when the weather warms up. Perfect boots. Light, comfortable, strong and fast drying.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Those things are not, by any stretch of the imagination, desert boots. <shudder>

No they're Polyveldt shoes which you should recognise you old devil.;) I'd posted them up as that was the choice back then, desert boots or Polyveldts. And I hated the later.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
No they're Polyveldt shoes which you should recognise you old devil.;) I'd posted them up as that was the choice back then, desert boots or Polyveldts. And I hated the later.

My secondary school headteacher used to wear the Cornish pasty shoes, and suit that had the same stain on it for months.

franglais

Tenderfoot
Jun 4, 2013
France
I've been wearing Roamers desert boots for years, they cost around £35 from shops such as Modwear, Clarkes shoes were originally from England and it's still a British company, but their shoes have been made in China for several years.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE