Derwent water

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shutz

Forager
Jan 5, 2011
cumbria
Hi folks,
Not sure where to post this request, but with the cold snap over the past couple of days here on the cumbrian coast, frozen ground etc i am wondering what the conditions are like on derwent. Could any of the lads from keswick let me know if derwents frozen. I am hoping not as i'm planning a canoe trip to the islands (2nd time lucky!!) there tomorrow.
Will post some pics (if i can suss it out).
Cheers

R

roy1

Hi shut I'm working in Keswick this weekend, I have not been down to the lake today but I'm sure it will not be frozen as it's been milder here than say Penrith which had frozen fog all day. If you get out hope you have a good one

shutz

Forager
Jan 5, 2011
cumbria
Cheers roy, thanks for the reply, .....fingers crossed....... but if anyone has been to the lake the info would be appreciated. ta.

shutz

Forager
Jan 5, 2011
cumbria
Michael,
Thanks for that i think Bass lake is a good indicator. Was last time a few weeks back. I've been promising the kids we will go to the islands so i think we will give it a go. Just got to find the kelly kettle!!!
Thanks again,
Shutz

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE