delivery of Fallkniven F1

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mikergj

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2011
Oxford
Ordered from greenman bushcraft on Wednesday about one o'clock. After ordering have not been able to wait to get my hands on it.

Had no work today so stayed in until three O'clock this afternoon, no delivery:(:(:(. Had to go out in end and just got home to find neighbor has had it since yesterday, ha ha.

Cant wait to put it to use now.

thumbs up to greenman bushcraft for a great service.

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
The F1 is a good choice IMO, I have had one for years. They may be a little 'different' to sharpen but you will get the hang of it. Built like a tank but yet good for finer tasks, have loads of fun using it, I have.

Those darn neighbours eh?

mikergj

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2011
Oxford
Just for you lannyman8,some pics.

I have already put a couple of nics in the blade so now for sharpening a convex blade for the first time.

DPP_0001-1.jpg

DPP_0002-1.jpg

DPP_0003-1.jpg

DPP_0005-1.jpg

I have no idea what the piece of wood is in these pics, but I am going to attempt to carve a spoon out of it. I know I am a carpenter but my wood id skills are very poor. So if any one knows from these poor pics please let me know.

Mike

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i'm not 100% but it could be oak mate, but i no there are people on here who will identify that in a blink of an eye.

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
I have found that it is very easy to nick the edge on an F1, which I find surprising for a survival knife. Getting the convex profile back after taking out a nick is also very tricky

NS

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE