Delete this for the love of god. Lesson learnt, don't ask.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Well this has been thoroughly unpleasant but probably hardened my resolve even more to be honest.

I can't respond to each of your comments individually but It's illegal to camp anywhere in Essex.
It's not illegal to do what I've planned, just ill advised by a community of quite aggressive people.

Thanks to the odd couple that were polite.
99059003_10159801133208642_6514133471428870144_n.jpg

richy3333

Jan 23, 2017
Far north Scoootland
Well I watch the Scottish briefings every day and have seen nothing to suggest people from the south of England are welcome to drive up to the Highlands to wild camp. The aim is for tourism to reopen mid to end of July So maybe you should hold off until then.

Highland police have been criticised for lack of work (let’s face it a job up here is pretty easy). So they are actively ejecting people that aren’t local. There’s been lots of reporting by locals to the police of non residents and ‘suspicious‘ cars. Around here everyone knows what everyone else drives.

@TroubledTalent yoyr analogy re suicide is not correct here. As an example Inverness hospital has 7 or 8 ICU beds. If you are infected and not symptomatic you could easily infect many people and very fast cause those bed s to fills up. Being sick yourself I would have expected more compassion and empathy from you? Reading various of your posts you have said you lived in Scotland before, have relatives here and contributed to the ‘YES’ campaign. With that in mind you must surely have knowledge of the country? So asking what kit you might need appears at first sight to me to be a little bit of an odd question? If you didn’t want people to pick up on the travel part of your question and only comment on the kit part then why mention it in the first place? With that I am confused.

Reactions: Dogoak

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I'm thinking there's no point to this thread. People aren't going to change their views if strongly held so this thread just comes across as browbeating the OP. He's got the message and clearly going to ignore it. It's now down to whether the police or locals catch him and he gets a fine now.

Can we move on?

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
I'm thinking there's no point to this thread. People aren't going to change their views if strongly held so this thread just comes across as browbeating the OP. He's got the message and clearly going to ignore it. It's now down to whether the police or locals catch him and he gets a fine now.

Can we move on?
Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE