Defending the Maglite

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Of the many I've had/have, the bigger the batteries (and number) the more reliable the torch ... D cells the best, AAA the worse ... at least in my experience.

JimFSC

Tenderfoot
Mar 21, 2004
Isle of Wight
Well I never read instructions just because..er.. actually no idea, but anyway never had a problem with rechargeable batteries, (though I don't know if it would make much differance) it may be worth noting that I use the high power ones made for digital cameras- lets face it they last bloody ages compared to standard batteries let alone standard rechargeables. :wink:
Jim (Hiking around Beacons mon-wed!).

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
it wont damage the bulb at all from what i can think of. i think its just that they only put out 1.2 volts which weont give out as much light mag dont want people thinking this

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
I love maglites and have only killed one with leaky batteries apart from the odd bulb nothing has been repalced in 10 odd years of use in the others.

However my new Surefire E2E is far smaller and lighter but still brighter than my 2d Mag. Also the batteries won't leak in 10 years.

But the price I hear you say! Yes the torch wasn't cheap but the dollar is as good as it will get now so order from the States direct and it will be a lot less than in the UK and you can get lithium batteries £7 for 12 from 7dayshop.com which is based in Jersey or Gurnsey and no customs to worry about. So only if you try and get batteries from Tescos do they become stupid money each.

Bill

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE