Deer Tek

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Rob said:
Anyone have any experioence of Deer Tek clothing?

I think that there a few companies that use it as a membrane layer.

I am looking for a nice realtree type set-up which is waterproof and breathable and quiet.

Any ideas?
Try Fishing Tackle shops Rob, Tackle manufacturers make great Real tree type stuff for Anglers, may be they will have something for you :?:

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Have a search on evilbay as well. There is loads of realtree stuff at good prices.

I think the stuff you want might be Deer Tex as well.

Bill

Pete E

Forager
Dec 1, 2004
North Wales
DeerTex is used in Deer Hunter clothing from scandinavia somewhere. Its very common now in UK shooting circles and is pretty good kit. I have a Ram Jacket of theres which is waterproof and reasonably quiet. All Weather Clothing in Bridge North Shropshire has there full line and The Sportsman Gun Centre in Devon are another place I can recommend. The advertise regularly in GunMart.

However, if you really want the *best* waterproof jacket in the you do a search on "Kammo" and they do plain green, DPM and one of those fancy new cam patterns. The latter is in a very quiet material indeed which feels almost like suade. This stuff is expensive (£250 /£300 per jacket) but really good.

Regards,

Pete

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I agree with Pete E on both counts.

Deer tex is a good product, several of my shooting friends use have them.
I've not heard any of them say they're not waterproof/ windproof - and believe me we've been out in some pretty awfull conditions...

Kammo is very good stuff. I have the budget coat from them and it's stood up to everything I can throw at it without a problem, my coat rustles though which is why I don't use it for deer stalking. The more expensive coats from don't rustle as Pete E says - but you pay for it.

Depends what you want, a second/third jacket probably deertex is fine.

Cheers

Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE