Deer Stalking - Book recommendations please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Hi,

I have the book 'Animal tracks and signs' by Preben Bang and Preben Dahlstom. I have read and used it quite a bit so far. My realisation is it somewhat of an introduction to animal signs if you are interested in a specific species.

I really enjoy tracking deer and I can see from reading their book that they have covered quite a bit of a very deep subject. Now I want something a bit more deeper giving me a better understanding of deer behaviour and signs.

I had a look on amazon for deer stalking books. There is quite a lot out there and I am a little bit lost as no doubt some of them are not even as comprehensive as 'animal tracks and signs'.

So I am asking yourselves if you can recommend any books that could deepen my knowledge please.

GreyOne

Apr 12, 2009
N Texas
Google books has some very interesting ebook versions of 1880-1900
era books on Deer Stalking. Google "Deer Stalking", "Deer Hunting" and "Still Hunting" and see what you find. If you like some of them, ABE Books or Amazon may put you onto a hard copy version.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE