Decisions decisions.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Cant make my mind up. I need a new large pack and cant decide between the sabre 75 plus pockets or the berghaus vulcan.

I have a sabre 45 and been happy with it but for extended trips and winter gear im needing a bigger bag.
So for all you out there with experience of either could you please help me make a decision

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
i'm in a similar position to you, i've been looking at getting a new large pack for a while.

i've had a lot of karrimors in the past and my current rucksack is a karrimor jaguar, i really like the SA back system on the karrimors. but, the sabre 75 doesn't have the SA back system, and i don't much like the back system it does have. so, i've decided on the vulcan, i just need to get round to picking it up.

do what martin said, get along to another meet and try them both out

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Mark im a short **** and in all honesty the 75 may not be big enough anyway.
Martin i should have looked while i was there but want it for the next meet with it being the extended one.
Stu im falling towards the vulcan due to the back system.
Widu i ilke the 60/100 but its a sudden increase im price.

Last edited:

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
.....Stu im falling towards the vulcan due to the back system......

i like the simplicity of the back system on the vulcan, there's nothing at all to fail, and i find it to be pretty comfortable too (although i've never carried one for any distance so might yet change my mind on that).

rather than rush into a decision and risk choosing badly, why not just take your normal rucksack plus a holdall, something like the snugpack kit monster. holdalls are a lot more user friendly than a rucksack when it comes to static camping too

stuart

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Maybe your right Stu. Could just leave spares in the car at northwood as for the week im gonna have quite a bit or gear.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE