Decent quality Vodka

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
I'm not talking about anything you can walk out of the supermarket with but the decent stuff! I usually drink grey goose and its does the trick, but the bottle I have now is just about out, I heard Ciroc mentioned as decent one to try next, is there any others that would be recomended?

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Bison grass is the best under a score (£20) I dont think there is a smoother vodka for the money, but the bison grass does taste the vodka, its good for bloody marys etc it doesnt touch grey goose or belvedere though!

Crystal head, Ciroc are looking like the way forward as does this Wyborowa Exquisite!! any other suggestions?

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Sky Vodka is quite smooth, comes in a blue bottle.

By far the best Vodka I've drunk is Amundsen, but I can't find it in the UK. Its Czech stuff.

Not tried Crystal head yet.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Mythbusters did a segment on vodkas with the myth being that cheap vodka can be made better by filtering it through britta water filters! I can't remember exactly but filtering up to 6? times improved the smoothness?

They had a professional vodka taster in and did a blind tasting of several stages of the rubbish filtered vodka plus a couple of decent makes and he could tell exactly the quality of each!!
The mythbusters also did the test and the filtered stuff got high marks.

I dunno if it's worth doing but thought I would share? It may be on youtube that episode??

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hello Johnny,

Have you tried the Blackwoods vodka from Shetland? Very nice LINK, must say I'm not a fan of the cucumber version. Also have to agree with Bumbler, frozen Stoli is a hard act to follow.

GB.

MertzMan

Settler
Apr 25, 2012
Cambs and Lincs
Zubrowka, Bison Grass vodka.
Great taste, will not break the bank.

Best.

C.
Second that. Fantastic stuff, especially if you take a shot of apple juice afterwards. The taste is just superb and it doesn't leave me feeling half as rough in the morning as anything else I've had.

Make sure it's real Zubrowka tho, that Grassovka stuff is made for the Yank market and isn't half as good.

The forests around Bialystok in Poland where this stuff originates from are amazing for Bushcraft or just being outdoors. Check it out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE