Decent pocketable torch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
Looking for recommendations for a good quality, bright, pocketable torch that isn’t crazy money!

USB rechargeable would be a major bonus but not essential

What recommendations do you have please guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
Depends what you mean by crazy money ? Olight S1R Baton II is tiny and bright. USB magnetic charging. Black Friday sale on too at Olightstore.uk

Last edited:
Reactions: C_Claycomb

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
Depends what you mean by crazy money ? Olight S1R Baton II is tiny and bright. USB magnetic charging. Black Friday sale on too at Olightstore.uk

Cheers Mike that may well do the trick. Aiming for under fifty quid if possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I've got to admit I'm favouring USB powered LED Headtorches more and more . Just useful for everything.

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
Klarus Mi7 is my recommendation. Uber small, takes a standard AA for flexibility and 330 lumens but buy the Klarus USB rechargeable 14500 li-ion cell for output of 700 lumens. Incredible output for such a pocketable light. The switch is simple and metal which I like for longevity in a pocket and the flexibility of AA/USB batteries is a bonus. I sold all my Surefires and standardised on the Mi7. So far 3 bought, available in numerous colours and a Ti and a high polish version.

Reactions: Billy-o

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Wurkkos FC11. (Made by Sofirn) Sort of the default recommendation for a regular inexpensive flashlight.

Available from Amazon UK

Also available direct from Wurkkos https://www.wurkkos.com/
With more options, 27000K/4000K/5000K and red/green/purple body colours. Though seem to have jumped to more expensive than the 5000K/Black Amazon one.
Also have a short tube for $1 if order from Wurkkos.

Last edited:

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Another vote for the Olight Baton. Since getting an S1R BatonII my Fenix lights have barely had a look-in. Not that I don't love my Fenix PD25, but the Olight is smaller and carries more easily for real every-day. I carry it just in case, and use it a lot for mundane tasks like looking for stuff in the backs of cupboards, or finding things I have dropped in dark corners.

nitrambur

Settler
Jan 14, 2010
Nottingham
Does anyone know if they solved the switch shorting issue? They had an annoying habit of turning on and setting things on fire
That was only on the Warrior Mini, you can stop it happening by using the lockout function. If they still sell that particular model you get a set of rubber covers with it which also stops it

Reactions: Wildgoose

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE