DD Tarp missing 10 of its anchor tabs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
have a question about DD tarp, mine is the camo 3 x3 A it was bought from DD with my Frontline about 2 - 3 months ago and when we went out Saturday night we noticed that it has the ridgeline loops and loops at each corner. However, along each side it has black webbing tabs sewn on but they have no loops or any function that I can see, it's almost as if the loops have been cut off, anyone else had this or am I missing something?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've heard this before, your best bet is to get in touch with DD

You should have 19 attachment points as shown in picture 7 on this link

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Afaik they're only selling the camo tarps as seconds with the loops cut off due to problems with tearing.

Interesting, I would have thought more attachment points would reduce the stress.

I wondered why they'd disappeared from the site

outdoord

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
United Kingdom
The Tarp MC (Camo Version) Is now discontinued which is s shame.. i find it such a great tarp but I have 2 so its not too bad..
The points were removed to relieve stress along the one side which is where some ripped but ive tested mine vigorously and had no problems at all :)

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
DD just emailed me, they had some problems with tarps which is why they cut these side loops off to reduce stress, they were sold reduced price, I must have missed that in the description. They have offered to swap for a new one with 19 loops, just got to pay the £6 difference.

Now I had heard of DD good customer service on this forum, and its true, I am pleasantly surprised. So now to decide olive green or coyote brown :You_Rock_

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Good result. :)
There is a thread on here somewhere which shows the problems that people had with the camo one and it ripping.

They have coyote brown now? Is that a new one?

I purchased the Coyote brown a few weeks ago, great tarp. The brown blends in nicely in pine forests.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE