DD Jungle hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
HI all,
Ok here is a bit of blatant advertising for you. I have known about this for a while now but was asked to keep it quiet.
DD hammocks have brought out a new hammock that is a bit different to their normal hammocks. It is called the jungle hammock and it is an all in one type hammock. It has been designed in mind so you do not have to take an extra tarp or even some of the parts of this hammock if you so wish to help save on weight and space.

(Here are some bits I borrowed from their website)

It has three main layers (all interchangeable);
1. Main hammock (ripstop material with whoopie slings attached)
2. Mosquito net (completely removable with two zippers on either side, for quick/ easy access to hammock)
3. Waterproof layer (can be used on the bottom of hammock, or on top as a compact tarp or removed completely).
4. It also comes with full width spreader poles making the hammock very spacious (these can be added or removed as required)

Also with this hammock you get, a set of whoopie slings, DMM climbing grade karabiners, tree huggers, elastic, a guy line and a compression sack.

It weights 1800g and is in olive green

At the moment it costs £97 at the moment but I think it will be going up in the future.

Here is some pics

Nick has told me that you can get additional waterproof layers that will be available separately so you can have a waterproof top and bottom to your hammock if you so wish.

I would like to say that I had no links to DD (like all folks do when they are talking about products on here) but everyone would know that I was telling a Lie ;)
But Nick didn't ask me to do this it was all my own doing.

Ok folks
Thanks for reading

Sandbag47

Just found this on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUXu-JdlsR4

Last edited:

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
HI all,
Ok here is a bit of blatant advertising for you. I have known about this for a while now but was asked to keep it quiet.
DD hammocks have brought out a new hammock that is a bit different to their normal hammocks. It is called the jungle hammock and it is an all in one type hammock. It has been designed in mind so you do not have to take an extra tarp or even some of the parts of this hammock if you so wish to help save on weight and space.

(Here are some bits I borrowed from their website)

It has three main layers (all interchangeable);
1. Main hammock (ripstop material with whoopie slings attached)
2. Mosquito net (completely removable with two zippers on either side, for quick/ easy access to hammock)
3. Waterproof layer (can be used on the bottom of hammock, or on top as a compact tarp or removed completely).
4. It also comes with full width spreader poles making the hammock very spacious (these can be added or removed as required)

Also with this hammock you get, a set of whoopie slings, DMM climbing grade karabiners, tree huggers, elastic, a guy line and a compression sack.

It weights 1800g and is in olive green

At the moment it costs £97 at the moment but I think it will be going up in the future.

Here is some pics

Nick has told me that you can get additional waterproof layers that will be available separately so you can have a waterproof top and bottom to your hammock if you so wish.

I would like to say that I had no links to DD (like all folks do when they are talking about products on here) but everyone would know that I was telling a Lie ;)
But Nick didn't ask me to do this it was all my own doing.

Ok folks
Thanks for reading

Sandbag47

Beat me to it sandbag47 :lmao: I do like that they have the better suspension system built in.

TO (loosely) compare:
DD Travel Hammock: £49
DD Tarp S: £32
Suspension System: £28
-----------------------
You'd look at £109 (and 1.66kg) for a similar setup using exisiting DD Kit so not bad value.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Looks expensive for a non asym hammock, also I think I'd still want a tarp even with a rain cover - you need shelter for gear etc. Juries out for me but would like to see a review.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Tarp, I'm not sure about on its own. However for winter use would help retain heat a bit more when used in conjunction with a proper full tarp.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Thnx, learned about this yesterday on another forum, There is a video review up on the tube aswell :)

[video=youtube;EUXu-JdlsR4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUXu-JdlsR4[/video]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE