DD camping hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tracker NTS-054

Forager
Sep 8, 2013
Nottinghamshire
Hi all,
I've had a DD camping hammock for a while now and I'm fairly new to hammocking in general, usually just taking a bivvy bag for ease. The reason for this is because whenever I use the hammock, I can't get my feet 'in' comfortably (it's not too small, it's just that the hammock doesn't really 'cocoon' me in my bag.. When I use it I have a foot hanging off each side at the foot end.. Hard to explain, has anyone else had this problem or am I doing something obviously wrong? :banghead: thanks!

Tracker NTS-054

Forager
Sep 8, 2013
Nottinghamshire
Too tight? Wrong angle?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

If anything I think it might have been too loose.. I'm not sure if it's just the design? It just doesn't act like a hammock should.. I'll try and get pictures soon..

Edit: it's the one with two layers and I haven't tried sleeping between them, I somewhat doubt it's stability... Do I just bite the bullet and give it a go?

Last edited:

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Tbh i have the same problem in s DD. I'm in a UK hammocks woodsman now and things are much better.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
hansen-hammock-basics.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE