Day sack with waist pockets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
I'm pretty sure my shoulder bag is causing my sciatica and so am looking for a daysack with storage on the straps for gps, phone and notebook. Is there an off the shelf bag that would do, or do I need to make something with Molle? I have a 5.11 small trauma pack which I need to carry at times.

I seem to have lost my google fu with this!

Thanks,

Rob

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I have recently got a Osprey Tempest 30, which is the ladies version of the Osprey Talon 33. It has 2 waist pockets, and a pocket on the left shoulder strap.

The pocket on the left shoulder strap is big enough for a phone of GPS (assuming your gps isn't too big). I use it to carry my phone, which is quite a large brick type thing (bigger than an iphone).

The waist pockets are both the same size, big enough to hold a phone, small note book, etc... If you have specific measurements of items you want to check, I can measure the pockets out.

There are also 2 webbing loops on each shoulder strap, that you could either use to attach another pouch type thing, or to clip items to them. I carry my camera bag by clipping it to both shoulder straps.

Julia

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Bowlander; without going the molle route you may be hard pushed to find anything. When I'm out instructing on the hill I use a Ribz pack for handy items like nav kit, gps, snacks, binos, etc.
Perfect for what you want and dead comfy mate

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Bowlander; without going the molle route you may be hard pushed to find anything. When I'm out instructing on the hill I use a Ribz pack for handy items like nav kit, gps, snacks, binos, etc.
Perfect for what you want and dead comfy mate

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

+1 but make sure you get the right chest size for weather you will be wearing them over a coat or over a shirt /thin smock etc.

Nailed Horbury Bridge rapids .....wooooooo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE