Day out (or Hike) in Tunstall Forest tomorrow

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
My Mrs and I will be taking a hike in Tunstall Forest tomorrow after dropping our kids off at school.

CORRECTION: The GPS co-ordinates are N52.121138, E1.503536 (Google Maps annoyingly chose co-ordinates close to the position I told it to, for some reason)

We'll be at this specific entrance (which has plenty of free parking room for cars/motorbikes) at around 9AM, and plan to be out in the forest until about 2PM (at which point we have to head off to our kids' school for some parents-evening event thing)

Short notice, I know, and a lot of you will likely be at work... but figured for any of you with a day off who feel like meeting up, exchanging notes and discussing gear while enjoying a walk (and possibly sharing some hot soup if the opportunity presents itself), well I'm going to be out there anyway so why not invite others, eh?

The link I provided gives you the exact latitude and longitude (convienient for GPS users as well as those who prefer the "orienteering method"). If you've walked this forest before you'll likely know that no matter how far off the trails you go, it's impossible to get truly lost (which is great for a day of "random rambling"). Lots of places to set up a tarp and fire up a stove, though at this time of year dry wood is fairly scarce (just enough to make a brew and heat up a tin of soup)

Anyway, enough babbling from me. If you're interested, let me know so my Mrs and I know to hang around for a while and wait for people to turn up :)

I'll be the one with the Khaki Maxpedition Vulture-II pack with two large bottle pouches on it (one either side). Basically look for the guy with the huge Khaki pack and chances are it's me)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE