Day in the woods

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Enjoyed a really great day out in the woods today with my old mucker Hugo, unfortunately it was only the two of us this week as Rockmonkey is skiving up in the Lake District:)

Few pics from the day

Walking in, the woods had that gorgeous Autumnal smell to them

DSCN9370.jpg

DSCN9371.jpg

DSCN9372.jpg

DSCN9373.jpg

up to the spot we favour in the woods, nice little spot, fairly flat considering we are on the side of a hill and loads of spaces for hammocks to be slung up.

DSCN9375.jpg

First job, get a brew on, next weeks job, make a bushcrafty table

DSCN9380.jpg

Long story:p

DSCN9376.jpg

Hugo doing a bit of carving

DSCN9392.jpg

i cheated and took a pre made axed out blank with me to work on, only refined the shape etc as i left my spoon knife at home - per usual, so I couldnt hollow the bowl out

DSCN9405.jpg

Even the trees were sad that RockMonkey wasnt there today

DSCN9388.jpg

Looking up from my hammock

DSCN9396.jpg

superb day out again, loads of laughs as usual and big thanks to Hugo for the superb Apple Pie he bought with him - roll on next week, now will it be Blueberry Muffins or Apple Pie:D

Great spoon. I wonder what sort of wood you used? It's white, and looks like a medium hard or soft wood. And may I know how you plan to process it to finished spoon later? I'd love to try spoon carving with woods around here in Malaysia. Thanks in advance.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Good day out in the end Kepis mate, only an hour later than normal. You forgot to mention the sparrowhawk that landed in the canopy nearby, well worth the quick look. Next week will be table making, as that piece of thick square wood we came across on the way back is just crying out to be turned into something.
Nice pictures as usual, I notice my shaving pile is larger than yours again. :rolleyes:

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Aye were a good day out, shame we had to make our own tea this week though:lmao:

Table making sounds like a plan, im thinking that big old plank we found might be better suited, but we can establish that next time out, the Sparrowhawk was amazing wasnt it?.

I had the same amount of shavings as you, it's just, well, mine were smaller and therefore mingled with the mud quicker so you cant see them so clearly:lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE