Daughter's birthday present

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
My little girl turned 6 yesterday and her grandparents bought her a bell tent, thinking it was a play one but it turned out to be massive, at least 4 man. Seeing as the Perseids were due to peak, I suggested we camp out in the garden. Took her new LED lantern out and settled down for the night.

The light drizzle soon turned to consistent rain and with a single skin cheap tent, it didn't take long for water to start coming through. I slid off my Thermarest and was joined by a chilly child at 2am who crawled into my double sleeping bag and nicked my pillow :)

Proud that she lasted the whole night out there but we're inside now, with the stove lit, drying out the soggy pillows :D

Didn't see any meteors and didn't get much sleep either...

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Good on her for lasting the night! Got yourself a little bushcrafter in training there methinks

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Future memories to be revisited together in 20 years time being made there Spandit. :)
Sounds like a braw evening. So is it a hearty breakfast to warm you up while you dry off?

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
:D maybe, funny but a lot of my memories of time with my Dad are of being somewhere with the rain battering down. The noise of rain on canvas or window 'mind me of sheltering and having a giggle while waiting out a storm.
Memories aren't always made out of cookies and sunshine, some of the best are of rain and hardship.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE