Dartmoor Winter Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 21, 2008
Dartmoor
EDIT - LOOKS LIKE LATE JANUARY / EARLY FEBRUARY IS FAVORITE SO LETS GO WITH THAT. DATE TBC

Righto... A few folk seem up for this so here goes.

In addition to having a Dartmoor meet this winter, I am happy to provide some navigation training from very basics through to more advance micro-nav and night-nav during a winter meet on Dartmoor. I normally provide this on a commercial basis, however lets be clear from the start - This is a meeting of like minded people coming to gether as friends to share and learn from each other and accept responsibility for their own actions etc.... :) Just chilling out is fine by me too
:D:D:D

Navigation is my thing but bushcraft aint, so I would just love to learn from a meeting on Dartmoor with as many 'bushy' people as possible. :eek: I would propose using an existing bunk house sight for the weekend (if thats what folk want). The site is an old abandoned farm house at Nun's Cross. It is an offence to build fires on the moor however there is 4x4 access to the old farm house and fire pits etc could be taken in. There is also a nice flat area surrounding the building which makes a great pitch for those who would rather sleep out in the open air for the night.

http://www.theadventurecentre.co.uk/accommodation/Documents/Nuns Cross Farm Booking Form.pdf

http://www.theadventurecentre.co.uk/accommodation/nunscrossfarm.aspx

It would cost £150 for 2 nights use, so I would suggest a minimum of 10 people making a weekend @£15 a head very cheap indeed. We would need to factor in communal cooking and provisions as well as there are good facilities at the site.

So, next bit...

a) Who's up for it?

and

b) When - before or after Christmas? then we can look at available dates.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2008
Dartmoor
That does help, Chris. :) November, to be honest will be wet and windy. Late Jan / Early Feb would be my bet for 'wintry' conditions.

Shall we aim for after Christmas?

vinnyp68

Jun 14, 2009
Rainham
If it is after Christmas I would be well up for it and happy to contribute to any costs or knowledge share. Please put my name on the list

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
1. Big Lebowski
2. C De C
3. Vinnyp68
4. Me
5 redandshane
6. Totumpole

I dont think I'm free many weekends before christmas, so after is probably a safer bet from my point of view.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
I will pm a couple of Cats from this parish who don't get on here too often, may well be up their street!
Great work Dn!
best.
Cat.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Kerrrrrrching !!!! £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Count me in :)

1. Big Lebowski
2. C De C
3. Vinnyp68
4. Me
5 redandshane
6. Totumpole
7. Teepee
The colder the better for me as well :hatscarf:

Dec/ jan? Praying for freezing fog already :D

Sep 21, 2008
Dartmoor
Thanks folks, a great response.

The bunkhouse is currently not booked at the end of Jan / beginning feb.

It's pretty much a two storey camping barn - with wood for woodburners to warm it up, gas for the two sets of rings and sprung bunks (no matresses). The is a chemical toilet available but most people take a shovel and a wander :eek: Water is from the leat a few yards away.

OK lets go fro late Jan / early feb - TBC one we have a few more takers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE