dartmoor for a brew

haytor7

Tenderfoot
Dec 23, 2014
devon
I decided to go for a walk on the moor today and have a cup of tea, whilst taking in the view, there was a dusting of snow and an army of people stamping on it. so I headed for a less crowded spot.

fist thing was to find a sheltered place. ermm

A quick cup of tea was needed

Then I took in the view

home now to thaw out. hope to have a lot more day's and nights up there this year.

the dog enjoyed it up there too

Pterodaktyl

Jun 17, 2013
Devon
Beautiful! We were up on the moor yesterday but it was grey and sleeting then, looks a lot more welcoming today!

potboiler

Jan 20, 2009
Dorset
I envy you: clear skies, happy dog, hot cuppa. Thanks for the photos, they've reminded me that January means more than rain and debts, though!

leon-1

The moor is an exceptionally beautiful place. haytor 7 had a nice day for it.

Dartmoor is one of my favourite places in the world, but it's always worth carrying plenty of kit as the weather can change at the drop of a hat. It's not unusual to go up and sit in the rain for days or go through the seasons of a year in a couple of hours. I can remember snow in May and sunburn later the same day up near Spitchwick. Brown trout and the icy brown, peat stained waters of the Dart. Moss covered rocks and trees making the Holne Valley and Holne Chase look like something from middle earth.

haytor7

Tenderfoot
Dec 23, 2014
devon
hi. thanks for all the nice comments. I will be back up there over the weekend it's forecast another cold one. I also thought she cut her paw after downloading the pics but no sight of a cut she's fine.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
from the 19th it will have been my unit out there, but before not sure. We have been doing ranges and exercises out there over the last two weeks. I had some fun and was teaching a bit of survival stuff stuff to the lads. But I got called back to my unit last night to do some proper work :( so no more larking about for me

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE