dangers of fracking

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Riparian rights is correct. I am not sure on the rules for permitted navigable rivers - I believe it simply means what it says - people may legally navigate them without permission - I don't think any other rights are implied.

Jul 12, 2013
Consett
I seem to remember something on my property deeds in the uk that stated I owned the property to a depth of 1.5 meters and the borough council owned everything below that

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
yup ` freehold ` property owner ! but only to the depth of the bottom of the foundations !!! no mineral rights no nothing just a load of bollicks in the cold light of day !! :(

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
That's a bit different than our "mineral rights" then. Said minerals could be on the surface and still not belong to the property owner. That's becoming a bone of contention in Tennessee as the owners of the mineral rights are harvesting rocks for market. The flipside though is that the property owner owns the actual property all the way to the Earth's core in theory.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
It is argued that there is a general right of navigation on all navigable rivers despite any ownership of the river bed. The claim has never been tested in court and no riparian owner has ever, as far as I know, brought an action for trespass, possibly because it would be lost and so set a precedent.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE