Danger Stalks the Land

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Alaskan tales of Death and Survival by Larry Kaniut.

Excellent book and very much the eye opener - puts a lot of things in prospective. Larry relates to the reader many stories as told by people on the scene at the time.

Last section is a brief chapter covering survival.

All in all makes you see just how important the right gear is - a good survival kit and a little training are worth their weight in gold - so is a little luck and a lot of bottle.

UNFORTUNATELY NOT ALL THE PEOPLE IN THE STORIES SURVIVE.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
James I could name a million - where would I start? :shock:

Danger stacks the land is by Larry Kaniut ISBN 0-312-24120-8

Some excellent and sad tales in this book - too little too late - brought a lump to my throat and Mugged by a rogue has to be read to be believed.

Another good book is The Cruelest Miles ISBN 0-7475-6061-7

Canada not Alaska but gripping all the same is Cold Burial ISBN 0-670-88564-9

Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Thanks Gary,

I was reading some old letters my gran had from some relatives in Alaska and I wanted to known more.

I hope within the next two years to make my way in this direction (Canda/Alaska) for a month or two so I have been absorbing information like a spounge(sp).

Thanks again the local library will love me for this.

James

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
You'll love Canada James its fantastic.

I spent a few weeks there in Feburary - got to meet and work with guys who use the skills we play at for a living - a real eye opener and a great experience.

If you do go to Canada a must place to visit is Banff and Jasper.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE