Damasteel Loveliness

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Roger

Forager
Sep 7, 2004
Sussex
Made this a while a go but only took a picture yesterday, quite pleased with both the knife and photo. No doubt the pro photographers won't agree :)
Hunter Knife

Hunter Knife

Blade stock of 3.3mm thick Hakapella Damasteel, 107mm long blade with a scandi grind. The handle is dyed brown, stabilised curly birch, fitted over black liners with nickel silver pins. The full tang is tapered giving an over all length to the knife of 227mm. Presented in a veg tanned belt pouch.

Roger
Bison Bushcraft

Feb 21, 2015
Durham
Im gonna have to stop looking at the things you guys make.......makes me feel sick that im such a complete and utter hamfisted useless at making stuff kinda guy.....oh don't get me wrong, i can bodge, field fix and heath robinson like an expert...but to make something like that? nnot a chance.

The envy monster in me grows n grows an awfy size......

Roger

Forager
Sep 7, 2004
Sussex
Have you tried or just thought about it? Practise makes master, you know...

After all I've been a knife maker for nearly twenty years now, when I look back at what I started out making I can see a lot of progress. They have all been serviceable tools, the looks fit and finish plus experimentation with new materials are what have changed.

vestlenning

Settler
Feb 12, 2015
Western Norway
After all I've been a knife maker for nearly twenty years now, when I look back at what I started out making I can see a lot of progress.

Hm, most people I'v met that have practised something for 20 years have gotten rather good at it; maybe you're just modest...

Roger

Forager
Sep 7, 2004
Sussex
Hm, most people I'v met that have practised something for 20 years have gotten rather good at it; maybe you're just modest...

One thing is for sure,it feels like it going to take more than twenty years to master the guitar! especially with fingers used to making knives.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
That knife is absolutely stunning! Quite probably the best I've ever seen, it's beautiful, Superb work on that!

Can you tell I like it?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE