damascus steel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Thanks for the post. The Damascus looks interesting, but I don't have the facilities to weld a tang on, or the money at the moment anyway :cry:. The wood blocks are well overpriced too. I got a 51mmx51mmx300mm block of cherry from craft supplies for just over a fiver.

A

Allan Blade

Hey,

Damascus is a tricky thing to buy over the internet without knowing the smith who made it, if ya know what i mean.

TO many variables go into account to know for sure if its just a pettern welded blade or is it one that is going to actually perform.

i always ask questions, steel mix,,, welding temps, proccess in making ect.

there are just to many things that can go wrong to make a piece of damascus thats pretty but was fabricated wrong to make it useless as a blade.

just my two cents,,,,,, i always buy Damascus from industry known smiths who are known to make good stuff..iie,,,,,,,,,,, Devin Thomas,,, ed caffery,,, ect...ect..

Not saying they dont make good stuff,,,, but its always good to see how or ask how or where its made.

Regards, Allan Blade

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
<AOL>Me too</AOL>

I wouldn't touch a pattern welded steel unless I knew a lot about it. Starting with who made it...

Of course, being a cheapskate, I don't really want to buy other people's pattern-welded, so I bought an anvil, built a forge... :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE