Damaged Lowe Alpine Saracen

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
I took delivery of my new grade 1 lowe apline saracen bergen today, was soo excited to have a new bag that would be more comfortable and bigger.
But when i opened it i was faced with something that looks like it has been dragged round Afghanistan for the last 10 years,
There are tears in the stitching, broken clips, missing/cut webbing straps and a tear in the lid.
Grade 1 my A#*e.
I have needless to say sent a stinking message to the seller and am looking for a refund of £55 to make repairs as there are no others out there to buy.

Does anyone know someone who can repair this to spec??
Local to northamptonshire?

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Have a look in the local press mate, Corby used to have the Aquascutum factory and there will be plenty of local people able. It was a top notch name and they made quality stuff including bags. I could do it but my machine is struggling ATM.

If you get stuck and can't find anyone, gimme a shout.

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
It was bought from a seller on ebay, who is actually being really helpful and is offering a full refund (he pays for return) or a smaller refund to make the repairs needed.
If i was closer he also offered to make the repairs himself!!

Now im just trying to get a couple of molle pouches for it instead of refund and have it repaired myself

These are the only 2 i have been able to find for saleand i have been searching for a month!!,
both on ebay from the same guy, think it was just a genuine mistake and he didnt check it properly as his ratings are all very good.
like i said he is very helpfull and quick to reply.

I will post more before rating him as a bad seller as he seems genuine at trying to solve the problem to suit us both.

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
I have managed to come to an agreement with the seller, he is now sending me out 2 molle pouches worth £45 instead of a refund.
He has been really polite and helpful all the time so once i receive these items i will leave good feedback for him.
Maybe it was a genuine mistake and the other bergen is fine but i can not be sure
But maybe worth a punt as these bergens seem to be very rare nowadays.

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
It was bought from a seller on ebay, who is actually being really helpful and is offering a full refund (he pays for return) or a smaller refund to make the repairs needed.
If i was closer he also offered to make the repairs himself!!

Now im just trying to get a couple of molle pouches for it instead of refund and have it repaired myself

These are the only 2 i have been able to find for saleand i have been searching for a month!!,
both on ebay from the same guy, think it was just a genuine mistake and he didnt check it properly as his ratings are all very good.
like i said he is very helpfull and quick to reply.

I will post more before rating him as a bad seller as he seems genuine at trying to solve the problem to suit us both.

im sure he is being helpful etc etc but your not telling me he didnt know what he was posting out to you. It stinks this, if it was me i'd be fuming. These people advertise as grade 1, post you out a crock of sh1t and if you complain, they bite the bullet and come to some agreement with you. If you dont, its a bonus. Either way they get paid top dollar for selling substandard goods when they knowingly advertise them as grade 1.

I'd be spitting flames.

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
I was so so mad, he got some very strongly worded emails at first but im happy now (as long as the new items turn up)

I will leave good feedback if he comes through with the deal but if not then ebay will be contacted and i will let them deal with him, either way i dont lose out.

I have been "done" before on ebay but i always use paypal so im covered if it turns out wrong, i have also sold thing on there where i have missed a few scratches or not checked something properly and had to deal with unhappy customers. sometimes it just happens.

But i do know where your coming from, im just the type of person who is nieve and give people the benefit of the doubt before i go on a mad killing rampage!!!

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
I was so so mad, he got some very strongly worded emails at first but im happy now (as long as the new items turn up)

I will leave good feedback if he comes through with the deal but if not then ebay will be contacted and i will let them deal with him, either way i dont lose out.

I have been "done" before on ebay but i always use paypal so im covered if it turns out wrong, i have also sold thing on there where i have missed a few scratches or not checked something properly and had to deal with unhappy customers. sometimes it just happens.

But i do know where your coming from, im just the type of person who is nieve and give people the benefit of the doubt before i go on a mad killing rampage!!!

haha iknow, i know im just a grumpy old git :)

troutman

Nomad
May 14, 2012
North East (UK)
im sure he is being helpful etc etc but your not telling me he didnt know what he was posting out to you. It stinks this, if it was me i'd be fuming. These people advertise as grade 1, post you out a crock of sh1t and if you complain, they bite the bullet and come to some agreement with you. If you dont, its a bonus. Either way they get paid top dollar for selling substandard goods when they knowingly advertise them as grade 1.

I'd be spitting flames.

I couldn't agree more. Sadly that is knowingly selling an item which is damaged. Personally I would not be leaving good feedback even if they had remedied the issue. A full refund and Molle pouches would seem a better offer to me.

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
I got £45 quids worth of molle pouches of him in the end and found out the repairs would only cost £20 so im more than happy in the end.
But have made sure i never buy from him again.

If it had been anything else i would have kicked up a storm but due to the lack of other option in finding a saracen i had to make do.

Cant be happier with the bag as its massive, i used to fill my old plce Bergen and didnt even have room for food or spare clother or spare sleeping bag, this one has room for all my kit plus i still got 2 molle pouches and a whole side pouch empty and space in the main compartment for clothes.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE