Dairy Free Cheese Fondue

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Oliver G

Sep 15, 2012
Ravenstone, Leicestershire
Good Afternoon All,

I treated myself to a little FT1 dutch oven which should arrive soon. I plan on doing a fondue with a couple of mates while we're out but I want to do a quick trial at home just to check out the dutch oven more than anything else,

At home we're gluten and dairy free, has anyone got any suggestions of which dairy free cheeses melt best rather than burn?

Cheers,

Ollie

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sorry haven't tried fondu with those, but I'm pretty much gluten and dairy free too. I make my dipping 'sauce' using alpro soya cream with Engivita nutitrional yeast, as my base. I add a lot of seasonings too, from ground mace to parsley and tabasco and fish free (I'm allergic) Worchester sauce.

I think it's one to play with. Interested to hear how you get on with the cheesley stuff.
I miss good cheese :(

M

Oliver G

Sep 15, 2012
Ravenstone, Leicestershire
I suggest an oil fondue with a variety of fruits and vegetables.
Several dipping sauces made up the day before.

Oil Fondues used to be an annual tradition when I was a child, along with the annual burn. My concern is the disposal of the oil after the fondue, if we're out camping then I'll have to wait for the oil to cool to re-bottle it, While I'm not concerned about reusing oil, letting it cool away from the fire when we're not actively using it fills me with dread that people's minds will be elsewhere and they may trip on the hot oil, plus, I'm not adverse to wiping the inside of the ducth oven with a hunk of bread to mop up the remnants of the cheese.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE