Czech wildlife

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
yesterday... high ridges are already frozen solid
Pradd6.jpg
 
Thanks Alfredo, you gonna make me feel high and mighty:-))
Today I went to the hills to get some woodpeckers pics, but for some reason they remained hidden, even if the weather was fine. All I have seen were many buzzards hunting mouses and some roe deer in the fields on the way home...

Woodpeckers rocks, this is how I imagine Scotland´s Caledonian forest before being cut down and not replanted:
2.jpg


semi-frozen stream:
1-3.jpg


fields with deer on the way home:
3-1.jpg
 
Last edited:
thanks guys... today I went to hopefully get some muflons, instead I have found some nice spot with celtic oppidum relicts hidden in oak woodland, and many great spotted woodpeckers, they were everywhere. I think I´m going there for one man overnighter asap.
Image00004-9.jpg
 
Hi mate, these were taken in Drahanska vrchovina, you have probably been in Jeseniky mts. or Rychlebske mts., nice places. I have some pics from there on my blog, it´s the nearest mountain area for me so I try to get there as soon as possible. If you would go there and needed advice to visit some truly special places, just send me a pm.
 
Hi there, looking at the maps, I've been further east, more on the Polish/Ukraine border in the Bieszczady national park. some of your landscape photo's look so similar, with rolling hills and wooded river valleys. I have been to Trutnov in my youth on a bike race, and was taken by the beauty of the land.

You are very lucky indeed.
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE