Czech army bed roll mods ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dabberty

Tenderfoot
Recently I did a review on my Czech Army Bed Roll. I bought it here in Prague about a year ago, used it on many occasions, simply in the garden, on weekend hike's and also indoor when we went to competitions etc.
I love this thing, just don't like the weight to carry it around.
I replaced the heavy linnen liner with a silk liner, saving 800 grams. Didn't notice much difference regarding temperature.
Otherwise no mods, as i didn't see any need for it.

Review with simple pics you can find here:
http://dabberty.com/?p=1474

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
It's interesting to read all the clever and some what expensive (in time and effort at least) mods done to an effective and very good value £10 bag for the summer. No one though has mentioned, that before you go cutting, sewing, adding whatever...you can get for a fiver..... another custom made blanket that buttons in and it still all rolls up into the hood. Very warm, very simple, very cheap.
And lets face it no one buys this where compactness is a priority?
One respondent has made lovely "winter bag for £30" out of his. You can buy an artic military bag £20; no work, very effective, cotton liner is available for less than a fiver?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE