Cyclop roc buckle

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Has anyone got any experience with the bergen buckle?
Had my rucksack from a member on here(great ruckack) and not sure how the the hip belt works.
I know you push the buckle part through at an angle (?) But when I tighten it up the belt wont stay tight? Nuisance is I keep forgetting to ask and then I remember when I'm loaded up and the hip belt would really save my back?
There are two possible explanations to this 1, its broke 2, I'm thick!:eek:
Smashing Dave

Hallo Mr the cat!
Got one of these myself and never had a problem with the buckle. I'm assuming that you are putting the slider through from the back and pulling on the free end to tighten the hip belt. On mine the fixed end with the slot is on the left, and the sliding bit is on the right. Put the slider through the slot from the back and pull on the free end to do up, it should hold but I think it does need to be quite tight on you to provide enough friction to hold. Don't put the free end of the belt through the slot tho' it's meant to go behind the slot back on itself and only the plastic slider goes through the slot.

I've just realised how difficult it is to show this without pictures.........

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Well it was 2, I'm thick!!!!!!
That did make sense although had to read it twice!!! For some reason I thought it was pushed in from the front at an angle which fits the same but doesn't then tighten up.
Oh well got there in the end......thanks for taking the time to write that your on my Christmas list!!!! Whiskey is it!!! Dave

I've just read what I wrote last night, if you managed to make any sense of that then you're a better man than me! Dunno what I was on, hadn't even had a drink, maybe that was the problem!

I think I'll have to learn how to upload pics next time

Glad to be of help
Gareth

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE