Custom Forged Wilderness Bushcraft Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

FlyingHaggis

Aug 29, 2011
Scotland
wow thats alot of money - , sadly as soon as you mention bushcraft the price of something goes up , but i will pass on buying this but i am sure a mug with more money than sense will buy it

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Some people never properly got the hang of the decimal system and must have put the point in the wrong place by the looks of that.

Mind, one thing I have noticed is that some companies seem to fire an item on Ebay with a massive price on it just to get people looking at the item.
Then when they bung an identical one on there for a lot less its got a better chance of being bought.

Maybe.

woodgrain

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 24, 2010
Gone
Wouldn't fancy that at a 1/4 of the price. The salt-hardening sounds interesting though.

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Thats a joke.

Have you seen the state of the sheath?

This is him.....interesting reading :D

http://bushcraft.gr/about/about-aktiston

As I read I was wondering if he would slip in something about the army...Very next sentence was this:

Joined Special Forces in February 1996 until September 1997 serving the S.B.S. unit Hios Island, the Winter Mountain Warfare unit Olympus Mt

LMAO. Interesting he spelt Heckler and Koch incorrectly.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
These bits got me :D

-My first Standart Bushcraft Knife design is together with the Woodlore knife and the Mora knife one of the Most popular Bushcraft knives in the World.

-My Ideas and designs are heavily copied by serious professionals abroad.

Peanut

Tenderfoot
Jul 21, 2011
Essex
That is a ridiculously high price for that knife. It doesn't even look like it's worth half of the asking price!

That bio was certainly "interesting"... I'd love to see the "definite proof" of all of the claims he makes...designing the spyderco bushcrafter, being best buddies with Mr. Mears, being in the army/SBS with real combat experience. Seems like a bit of a con really, trying to profit from credentials like many others (the difference being that those others are much more believable)

I stand to be corrected, of course. And I'd love to meet the person who buys that knife...

stekker

Forager
Aug 21, 2009
holland
This knife isn't that special, also the finishing isn't that good.
Here on BCUK i've seen so many knives which are 100 times nicer,and crafted whith much more attention for details.
In my opinion there are much better knives for LESS money.

Greetings Theo.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I think what he means is that though his standard of spelling is very good, he spelt something wrong that he claims he has lots of experience with. Which suggests the spelling of Heckler and Koch is unfamiliar to him, which it couldn't possibly be if he has used them so much. :)

and?

I misspell words all the time but it doesn't make any difference as to how knowledgeable or not i am about a subject. ;)

Guzzi Goose

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2011
London
"Joined Special Forces in February 1996 until September 1997 serving the S.B.S. unit Hios Island, the Winter Mountain Warfare unit Olympus Mt

Served S.B.S. unit Samos island Sergeant Major of the 62nd Strike Company"

Don't knock the man , he must be good to be promoted that fast.....

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I think what he means is that though his standard of spelling is very good, he spelt something wrong that he claims he has lots of experience with. Which suggests the spelling of Heckler and Koch is unfamiliar to him, which it couldn't possibly be if he has used them so much. :)

Yup bang on Bill.

Anyone even remotely familiar with a Heckler & Koch weapon would be fully aware of the HK stamped all over it. Not something any soldier would get wrong IMO. And it's not like it would be a simple keyboard error.
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=HK...9M&w=320&h=320&ei=Rg9tTvCyA5Gt8QOPq9UH&zoom=1
- Not a symbol you forget.

Of course he could just be an awful speller.

Andy

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
The fist thing I thought was he quits quite alot....

then i read

In autumn 1998 started studying Taijutsu and Jujutsu as a member of the Genbukan Ninpo & Kokusai JuJutsu under the guidance of Shibu Cho Guy Aerts and Hellas honbu instructors

and Sh@t myself he's a frigging Ninja!

Last edited:

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
That is a ridiculously high price for that knife. It doesn't even look like it's worth half of the asking price!

That bio was certainly "interesting"... I'd love to see the "definite proof" of all of the claims he makes...designing the spyderco bushcrafter, being best buddies with Mr. Mears, being in the army/SBS with real combat experience. Seems like a bit of a con really, trying to profit from credentials like many others (the difference being that those others are much more believable)

I stand to be corrected, of course. And I'd love to meet the person who buys that knife...

If they let him out. :eek:

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
Maybe he's still thinking in Drachmas?

I think he's claiming to Greek special forces, not British. Greek military have a history of fighting and training with British special forces. Brits and Greeks fought side by side, notably on Crete. It's part of the reason Brits get such a warm welcome over there.

The Greeks don't appear to have a unit called the SBS however, closest I can find is Zeta Amphibious Raider Squadron:

1st Raider/Paratrooper Brigade

Peanut

Tenderfoot
Jul 21, 2011
Essex
If they let him out. :eek:

I was thinking more to just laugh in their face when they realise that amazing tool they just spent their hard-earned cash on was made of steel as strong as play-doh. And of course to show then a better looking, better functioning tool that can be bought for a LOT less!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE