Current issue mess kits (lack of info?)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
I've been using the swedish M40 kit for several years now for day bimbles etc. it really is a nice simple piece of kit, not too large and can be used with an open fire where allowed. Have been experimenting with using different bio fuels, as opposed to meths, but most seem pretty similar in output (meths is still better in the cold)

Does anyone know if it's possible to get hold of one of the Swedish M09 cooker/mess tine set-ups? If so, where from?

Any clues or help gratefully received!

If you mean the soldier stove, you will have to assemble it yourself. I have tried contacting the company that supplies them (katadyn), they are a big contractor, and they only supply in large quantities... products are from various manufacturers, and some components have changed over the last 10 years.
I have a feeling it has now gone over to Primus to supply gas burners to the Swedish armed forces.

My set up is just now missing the actual Optimus crux burner and titanium cup (although the 10 version just used a aluminium pot).
The heat proof cloth is from a Swiss supplier, and is hideously expensive.
I also chose not to include the hanging clips for suspending the pots over a fire, as I thought this unnecessary.

In retrospect, the Soldier Stove 10, is probably easier to source independently. Although, I would love to see what the newest specification/issue stove is!

Interestingly, I do know a serving Swedish soldier, and when I picked his brains about this stove, he remarked that he hadn't seen it before!

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
If you mean the soldier stove, you will have to assemble it yourself. I have tried contacting the company that supplies them (katadyn), they are a big contractor, and they only supply in large quantities... products are from various manufacturers, and some components have changed over the last 10 years.
I have a feeling it has now gone over to Primus to supply gas burners to the Swedish armed forces.

My set up is just now missing the actual Optimus crux burner and titanium cup (although the 10 version just used a aluminium pot).
The heat proof cloth is from a Swiss supplier, and is hideously expensive.
I also chose not to include the hanging clips for suspending the pots over a fire, as I thought this unnecessary.

In retrospect, the Soldier Stove 10, is probably easier to source independently. Although, I would love to see what the newest specification/issue stove is!

Interestingly, I do know a serving Swedish soldier, and when I picked his brains about this stove, he remarked that he hadn't seen it before!

Interesting - many thanks for the extra information.

The part of it that interested me was the bit holding the meths burner and the cup/pot itself. I suppose that, being current issue to the Swedish forces, we're unlikely to find many appearing in the surplus shops just now. Still, there might be a few available somewhere...

Reactions: jimbo75
Interesting - many thanks for the extra information.

The part of it that interested me was the bit holding the meths burner and the cup/pot itself. I suppose that, being current issue to the Swedish forces, we're unlikely to find many appearing in the surplus shops just now. Still, there might be a few available somewhere...

That's one of the easier components to find.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE