Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Style: Bushcraft utility,
Blade steel: Full quench O-1
Blade length: 3.9 inches
Grind: Full flat with convex edge.
Blade thickness: 5/32” stock with distal taper
Weight: 6.0 oz
Handle: Curly California Redwood (from a UK arboretum). Tapered tang with brass bolts.
Overall length: 8 7/8 inches
Sheath: TBD to customers spec (Typically Kydex weighs 1.75oz and leather 4oz)

Price: £90 for the knife alone, £15 for a basic kydex sheath, £25 for basic leather.
SOLD , pending arrangement of funds.

Cheque, or Paypal. UK postage included.

RedwoodO1a.jpg

RedwoodO1b.jpg

I sent the wood to be stabilised by WSSI in the US, but due to it being coniferous there were some areas where the acrylic resin did not penetrate as fully as I might have hoped. Therefore, in addition to the acrylic stabilising, the finished handle has been given a hand rubbed oil finish. This has not only brought out the colour very nicely, but given it a feel much more like natural wood than is usual with stabilised timber.

Thanks for looking.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Sorry Nat, not really looking for any trades. I know it sounds ludicrous, but I have more knives that I can use and am not looking for any more :lmao: In fact, I am hoping to sell this in order to help fund an upcoming trip.:D

All the best

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
beautiful as always Chris great work mate

you all want one of these there amazing and the handles ... i have not held better :cool:

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Beautiful work as ever Chris
If I was in the market for another custom, your door would be the first one I'd knock on

:You_Rock_

Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE