Crusader Mk 2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andibs

Forager
Jan 27, 2012
S. Yorks
Hi all.

I've been having a look at the BCB Crusader No2 cook set and a question for anyone that's used one.

The new cooker unit is now deep enough to take a trangia burner by the look of it, but can it also be used as a wood burner?

Cheers all

Andy

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I have tested mine with wood, pine cones, green alcohol gel, hexi, trangia and other meths stoves, all work well and produce a good heat for the cooker but the mug has a ridge on the bottom so if you are cooking normal food it can stick, for boil in the bag or soups it is fine.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Its unlikely to actually melt, but it will soften it considerably and remove the hardening, even the meths will soften I if I I the flame. And you cant just stick it in water to harden it again.

andibs

Forager
Jan 27, 2012
S. Yorks
Cheers for the feedback everyone. I already have different stoves but you know what it's like when you see something that looks a good design.

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE