Crusader cups.

Miggers

Forager
Dec 31, 2006
Oxford
Hi Zammo - That's right. I'd recommend the plain version if you are going to use it on an open fire.

The PTFE does come off over time.

Pete

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Thanks for the speedy reply.

I may get one but it does seem a little pricey for what it is.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Yeah, agree with that. It is particularly susceptable if you are using metal utensils, they tend to chip the non-stick finish away. ;) I have a (very) early version of this and use a wooden spoon to cook in it and metal eatin' irons for cooking in mess tins (not non-stick).

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Zammo,
if you follow my link, click on 'Products', then click on 'Food and Water Utensils' then scroll down you will find the New improved non-stick '58 pattern mug.

I'm not sure about the 'Dutch cup' will you be using it in conjunction with a '58 pattern water bottle? The 'Dutch Cup' may not fit. :D

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
I think i paid £15 for mine which i thought was amdness at the time but several years of use and abuse later it's still going strong and certainly one of my "keeper" pieces of kit.

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Jedadiah said:
Zammo,
if you follow my link, click on 'Products', then click on 'Food and Water Utensils' then scroll down you will find the New improved non-stick '58 pattern mug.

I'm not sure about the 'Dutch cup' will you be using it in conjunction with a '58 pattern water bottle? The 'Dutch Cup' may not fit. :D

Thanks found it now, must be going blind! Yeah I doubt the Dutch cup would fit the 58 bottle, but i'd get a dutch bottle for it, their only £2.50!

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Zammo said:
Thanks found it now, must be going blind! Yeah I doubt the Dutch cup would fit the 58 bottle, but i'd get a dutch bottle for it, their only £2.50!

Your right they definately don't fit on the British '58 Pat Bottle, I have one!
If I was you I would pay the £12 for the plain steel Crusader mug and get a '58 Pat bottle if you haven't already got one. The Mug and the Bottle are both bigger and hold more. plus you can buy the cooking unit for £7 and have all the gear in one pouch (CS95 Utility Pouch).

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I've used my mug for damn near everything, I even dug a shell scrape with it onece!! Good thing the ground was quite sandy, but it gives you an idea of the durability. Also, they make a most satisfying thunggggggggg noise when bopping young soldiers over the head with one, but we don't do that or else The Sun would have a hissy fit and put us on the front pages for bullying!! IT'S CHARACTER BUILDING, THE SUN!!!!!!!! :D

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Greg said:
Your right they definately don't fit on the British '58 Pat Bottle, I have one!
If I was you I would pay the £12 for the plain steel Crusader mug and get a '58 Pat bottle if you haven't already got one. The Mug and the Bottle are both bigger and hold more. plus you can buy the cooking unit for £7 and have all the gear in one pouch (CS95 Utility Pouch).

I'm caught in two minds now. One part of me is saying do I really need another cooking container as I already have a billy can, mess tins, titanium mug and US style mess set. But the other side of me is thinking, you already have the 58 pattern bottle and pouch that fits it, why not buy the Crusader cup, to complete the set. Plus I saw Ray Mears the other night and before that I didn't realise that they are quite large (the cup not his man boobs!), so could be quite useful.

Miggers

Forager
Dec 31, 2006
Oxford
Go on Zammo you know you want to...

If you have the PLCE pouch then you can get the Crusader Cup, Cooker and bottle inside with room to spare for a spoon and some tea bags etc etc...

Dare I mention that Bear Grylls was using one in his recent episode in the Everglades...

Pete

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Miggers said:
Go on Zammo you know you want to...

If you have the PLCE pouch then you can get the Crusader Cup, Cooker and bottle inside with room to spare for a spoon and some tea bags etc etc...

Dare I mention that Bear Grylls was using one in his recent episode in the Everglades...

Pete

Stop please!

I have just ordered a Vaude Tarus II tent (its currently at my neighbours house, as I weren't at home to receive it from the posty) plus i've also just ordered a Petzel head torch. My Misses will go mad if she finds out i'm getting one of these too. :D

Must have some self control and at least wait until next pay day so it looks like i'm not frittering all my money.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE