Crossbow ban consultation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
On the basis that I can make a bow capable of killing out of two holly saplings in about an hour, I doubt it would be very effective :)

It's worth remembering of course that it's not the bow that kills but the arrow; good arrows are much harder to make :)

Don’t worry, sharp lengths of stick will be illegal soon.

Along with rubbing two sticks together, and the wheel.

Reactions: CLEM

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
Probably not a popular post on here but here goes.

To harm someone requires motive and means.
You could kill someone with a brick, a bottle, a kitchen knife or your bare hands - BUT it takes some doing, it’s a physical act that even the hardest soldiers can struggle with.

A crossbow is a force multiplier. It provides a degree of distance, both physically and mentally between killer and victim.

Despite what is peddled in the media it’s hard to obtain a firearm in the UK. It requires involvement of others, with the risk of law enforcement being told or finding out. Crossbows however are unregulated, cheap and effective.

The bad guys will still source crossbows I’m sure, but this regulation will limit the supply.
It provides a step between Mr Angry forming a plan in front of his computer (motive) and having the means readily availible.

If regulated like shotguns it shouldn’t be too hard for anyone to get one if they have a legitimate use.

I don’t have a crossbow nor an I anti (just for clarity)

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
On the basis that I can make a bow capable of killing out of two holly saplings in about an hour, I doubt it would be very effective :)

It's worth remembering of course that it's not the bow that kills but the arrow; good arrows are much harder to make :)
Maybe there will be an outlaw guild of fletchers and archers somewhere in Sherwood forest.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE