Crooked knife sheath?

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Hi, I'd like to see some pic's of your crooked knife sheaths/cases,as I'm planning on making one,but tobe honest I need some help with the design.
cheers

although i haven't got photos of them i have made two styles
one is a leather sleeve literally a piece of oiled leather folded in half stitched on both edges. you then slide the leather over the blade. i found it can be used on any of my crook knives(i've 3)
the other is a more specialized one for the frosts spoon knife and this is a piece of wood with a small lid screwed onto the top. i have then hollowed out the shape of the blade in the bottom piece of wood to allow the blade to sit within the bottom piece of wood. the lid is secured by a small hook and loop. bit heavier but having stabbed myself in the hand a couple of times with the blade whilst searching for it in my pack i am prepared to take the exra bit of weight

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
spoon4.jpg

I made this one out of a piece of wood, and burned the shape in with a wire bent to the outline of the knife, then scraped out the char... Took a little while to do. I screwed a small plywod panel over the top with a srew and washer. Works fine for me. I have seen on this forum a really smart coiled leather sheath..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE