Crooked Knife Blades

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Please remember you MUST be 18 or older to purchase Blade items in UK please do not be offended if i ask for Proof of this
Criminal Justice Act 1988 Sect 141 A - England and Wales
Amendment to Criminal justice act to 18 age Sect 43 (2)

All Prices include postage in UK (PM for over seas charged at cost)

Post in Edged tools on developing these

Crookbladeall-1.jpg

all O1 steel 3mm thick 20deg single internal bevel. has a 15deg bend tang to blade and also swept back 10deg blade length as std is 100mm 15mm wide tapering to 10mm
all blades have a releif bevel on the rear underside to help internal curves
2 CSK holes in the tang for fixing with screws or rivets

Type 1 = last 1-1.5" curved
Type 2 = Whole blade curves (the Robin Wood curve)
Type 3 = Semi circular end (similer to the Ray mears Blade shape)
Type 3 Custom = basically the same curveas teh Type 3 but on a 125mm blade giving a longer flat (left handed shown)

Haveing made a few now to order :rolleyes:
I have a couple of spare ones

2 x Left hand blades these are not bent or heat treated yet so you can choose :D the shape 1-2 or 3 or other if you want SOLD

1 x Right hand Blade Type 3 SOLD

think they are all gone now :D:rolleyes:

All £30 ea inc Postage paypal prefered as a PPO only

ATB

Duncan

Last edited:

BushEd

Nomad
Aug 24, 2009
Herts./Finland
These look really good Duncan!!! Will have to save the pennies before i take one off your hands though :(

Out of curiosity, which blade shape have you found to be most useful?! I guess they all have merits and demerits....

looks like these have now all gone

wil post more in this thread when i get some spare :D

Bushed : i dont know which is best as i havent tryed them all yet and im not really an exp wood carver etc whic his why i was happy when Robin agreed to test one. ive used the Type 2 on a few tasks and found it does a lot for a bushcrafter (as apposed to a woodworker) even with no flat it still easy to carve one

Bert: yes its nearly ready just needs a bend and HT its a bit scary big tho :eek:

ATB

Duncan

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Out of curiosity, which blade shape have you found to be most useful?! I guess they all have merits and demerits....

These tools were traditionally used by Eastern Woodlands peoples. They made things like canoe paddles, snowshoes, carved bowls etc. They didn't make kuksas :)

no's 1 and 2 would be favorite for flat planing work and hollowing wider open vessels. Nos 3 and 4 with the tight curve at the top are sort of a multi tool having the full curve at the top which could carve a smaller deeper vessel at a push.

For me 3 and 4 (and many of the other crook knives eg the Svante Djarve one on Woodlore site) are too much of a compromise. I would rather have two tools a good spoon knife for kuksas and spoons and a good open crook for flat planing and open bowls. Having said that the popularity of the woodlore knife shows that folk like compromise one tool to do it all type tools so maybe these will end up being folks favourites.

You may think that for carving flat planes a straight section on the knife would be better but in fact carving a series of shallow scallops works much quicker, easier and without the risk of dig ins associated with a straight tool.

bert333

Settler
Jan 15, 2008
Earth- for awhile longer...
Bert: yes its nearly ready just needs a bend and HT its a bit scary big tho :eek:
ATB Duncan

ERRRMM:dunno: what's a wee bend for a gifted man like you? :D
can't be that big.....:confused: the mist will dissipate when it arrives- I have no idea of what it will look like now- :dunno: a little confusion at my age is to be expected!:lmao:
Hope it fits in my tool roll! got a piccy?

oks guys wasnt ecpecting so many other orders etc from selling thse 3 spare ones :rolleyes::D

im now full up for making so wont take on any more orders for the time being i will post in this thread with some when i have started again

Thanks and sorry if its a pain i dont like having pople waiting and still have soem stuff to clear from a few weeks back

ATB

Duncan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE