crook peak

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 24, 2017
somerset
Ah thank you! I will change the title, I did fathom the meaning of crook, so yes peaky peak! man English can be a messy language! I'm going hike the whole range as it ends near where I live so I'm starting with the farthest point.

Reactions: Robson Valley

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
Ah thank you! I will change the title, I did fathom the meaning of crook, so yes peaky peak! man English can be a messy language! I'm going hike the whole range as it ends near where I live so I'm starting with the farthest point.

Enjoy the walk. I grew up(ish) a few miles from there and my eighty-something year old mother still stomps up there at least once a month - probably on a night with a full moon! ;)

She swears blind that a few years ago she saw a cat with tufted ears the size of a Labrador (lynx/caracal?) up there - personally I think most people would be more frightened by the prospect of meeting Old Ma Nomad than even the fiercest big cat!

Titter ye not, (G00gle is your friend for those not old enough to remember him!), old Lurcio used to live just below the hill if you want to brush up on your Latin. ;)

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
Your mother is the "crook crone!"?? many a night the story of meeting such a creature would send shivers down the spine of all who dare listen to the tale!:aarghh: lol sorry I should not say that of your mother!.......I'll umm get me coat then:D

You mention a big cat, same was thought to be the Exmoor beast, I was schooling down on the Devon moors at the time, and after seeing "American werewolf in London" I had my own idea's about the beast, and needless to say night walks on the moors took on a new element especially when out with myself and just a mate and he brings up the moorland scene!........Fek!

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
Your mother is the "crook crone!"?? many a night the story of meeting such a creature would send shivers down the spine of all who dare listen to the tale!:aarghh: lol sorry I should not say that of your mother!.......I'll umm get me coat then:D

You mention a big cat, same was thought to be the Exmoor beast, I was schooling down on the Devon moors at the time, and after seeing "American werewolf in London" I had my own idea's about the beast, and needless to say night walks on the moors took on a new element especially when out with myself and just a mate and he brings up the moorland scene!........Fek!

Be careful, she is liable to appear suddenly anywhere along the Mendips or just about any hills in the South West or Wales! ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE