Crook Knife Sheath/Protector

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
I bought myself a crook knife today. The first thing that occured to me was protecting the edge from either getting chipped or catching on something. I'd seen wooden and leather blade protectors on this site but wasn't happy with either method.
Then I had an idea.
A clip binder!
So that's what I did. Cut a short length, heat over the hob and bend it into shape. It warps a bit, but once on the blade you can heat it up again and press it into shape. Then it just simply slips on and off. A more elegant solution, I think.
Anyway, here's a picture. Sorry about the quality - done with a camera phone - but it's prefectly clear enough for you to see what I've done.

3005308691_0c36a19ce5.jpg

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
When you say "clip binder" can you give a description of the type?? The only ones I have are made from cardboard with a plastic binder

Cheers.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
When you say "clip binder" can you give a description of the type?? The only ones I have are made from cardboard with a plastic binder

Cheers.

Erm...well, I don't know what they're really called. You can get them in any high street stationery shop (WH Smith, Rymans, Staples etc) or nick one from the office stationery cupboard.
They're those things you slide along the edge of papers to hold them all together.

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Erm...well, I don't know what they're really called. You can get them in any high street stationery shop (WH Smith, Rymans, Staples etc) or nick one from the office stationery cupboard.
They're those things you slide along the edge of papers to hold them all together.

AHhh I think I get it now. Its just a plastic "grip" strip.

Cheers, Good Idea.
Stu

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE