Crook Knife Safety/container – 1st handsewn leather project.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
It was whilst rooting through my garage over the weekend awaiting the outcome of the re-dyeing of a Ventile smock that I came across an old biscuit tin containing a piece of raw leather and some leather-craft tools which I had bought at a car boot sale for next to nothing about five years ago. I immediately knew why the BC god had directed me to them!
Having recently, painstakingly carved a spoon out a piece of semi-dried oak (a challenge that I had set myself before I could eat the self heater meal which I had taken with me on a modified Lavvu trial!) I had finally decided (after decades) to invest in a crook knife.
It’s sharp – very sharp and as a tool which I don’t envisage using on every outing I don’t intend to carry it sheath-like on a waist or rucksack belt so I needed a ‘container’ for it. Inspired by a wooden case made for one which was recently posted on the forum by another member* and with leather craft items to hand I set-to and made the container shown in the image to house both the knife and sharpening items. Cutting, shaping, sewing, dyeing and polishing took 24hrs. I’ve made dozens of containers/pouches from other materials over the years but this is the first hand sewn leather project that I have attempted – made quite a few errors but it will do the job.
There is still some leather left………………..watch this space!
*(BH! – just looked up the post and discovered that I have just responded to one of his recent posts – quixoticgeek - spooky!)

Crook(i).jpg Crook(iii).jpg Crook(iv).jpg

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up,
Just got back on the site after my Norton AV kicked me off the 'puta!
Thanks for those kind comments both.
Re the leather Chris, it's only 2mm thick but seems to hold its shape fairly well.
I've just been looking up more supplies and can't believe how expensive its become!
S"~t! I'm hooked!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE