Cricklade-Lechlade a Thames Paddle

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
A glorious day weather this Saturday and a longing look at the boat and Mrs JR ordered me out of the house for Sunday :)

Stuart and I (upon Stus recommendation) departed for a day paddling between Cricklade and Lechlade on the Thames. Was a great day and a trip id recommend for this time of year. The first segment is above the maintained part of the Navigation (No restriction could be found) and provided frequent points of interest having to clamber and drag the boat over numerous areas where fallen trees blocked the route and negotiating narrow passes. It was hot so i took a quick dip to cool off :cool: - not the easiest of banks to climb or empty your boat out :lmao:. The water is crystal clear here and you can often see large trout passing by as your paddling along along side a plethora of reed bunting, several kingfishers and the usual swans and other waterfowl. Some beautiful old Cotswold churches and great scenery surrounds you all the way and there a couple of pleasant pubs which you can moor at for refreshment on the way. Finished off with a trip through the Lock and out at the Trout Inn. Cheers Stu for a great day and well worth giving it ago if your near by.

IMG_0377.JPG

IMG_0380.JPG

IMG_0383-1.JPG

IMG_0379.JPG

IMG_0382-1.JPG

IMG_0385-1.JPG

IMG_0381.JPG

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE