Crazy Chaffinch!!!!

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
I don't know if anyone else has had a similar experience, but for the last week I've had a Crazy Chaffinch which keeps attacking my room window!!!! It's becoming a proper pain now!! I first thought it was attacking it's reflection, but it's also attacking the bathroom window - which is frosted!!! :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Knifefan,

At this time of year the wee birds and aminals are so pumped up with sex hormons that they can act strangely. Even though not seeing a full reflection it could be catching the small movement and thats enough to get territorial. Is it a male?

TTFN,
GB.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Yes It's a male :) He's relentless at the moment - woke me up this morning at 5.30 am banging on the window :(

I could be evil and say double sided carpet tape on the window would sort it but I'm not so please don't. You could try some sort of scarer to keep him from hurting himself but I imagine he'll give up soon. Unlike the bleeding oyster catchers who squeek and call round my house ALL night every night for years and years. Man their lucky the rifle doesn't get taken out in the wee hours.

Think it must be his hormones. Have seen all sorts of crazy behaviour with it, like rabbits beating up dogs, goats attacking tractors...

Hope he gives up soon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE