Cramp Balls

Lodian

Nomad
May 23, 2007
Peterhead, Aberdeenshire
Hi

I was wondeirng it would be possible for anyone to send me some in the post, cramp balls that is.
I belive they grow at the bottem of ash trees, Ive had a look around local trees, not that there is many considering im on the coast.
If anyone is able to send me 1 or 2 id be really grateful just drop me a pm and ill pay for p and p.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
PM sent - I have quite a few I have collected - I'll send you some.

No need for P&P - I've had some free stuff from people on BCUK so I owe the group.

Geoff

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Not so much at the bottom, Lodian,
... more like on fallen Ash branches. They look like dollops of dog s**t to me.
There aren't many in my area, but if I find any, I'll send them up to you.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Here's a picture of one of the places I collected them from. I didn't take all these! But being a bit of a squirrel, if I ever see a big collection of them like this I usually put a couple in my pocket.

walk11.jpg

Geoff

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Just seen alot today my self. Its funny people are right that once you spot them you see them alot. I don't know how I feel about collecting them really especially when I have got no need...just hope I can find some when I really need them!! The ones I found today were quite wet inside (I sacrificed one!) Do they light from a rod when damp or are they pants?
Never tried them wet/damp.
Ta d
Ps I will send you some to if you want.....that way you can have a bbq with them!!:lmao:

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Cramp ball needs to be dry to burn well I have lit it straight of the tree after rain but the inside of the fungi was dry(ish)

Check out this old thread of mine for other use!

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Has every one been sorted who wants cramp balls posting as I have got some to send....and just getting round to it....... I know Shaun wants some was there any one else...I seem to have deleted all other pms :eek: D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE