Crafty Christmas Presents

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
We often try to make some of our Christmas presents each year, partly for cost but also I think it's nice to have that personal touch. I'm currently working on a set of Cherry teaspoons and a ladle but what other ideas suggestions have you got. Pictures welcome :D

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
I am thinking of making my wife a cotton scarf. She does not normally like thick ones, so thought I would get some nice bright colour material

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I've always fancied having a go at a fan bird...

248_fanbirdcrop.jpg

I think they'd make great xmas pressies

Reactions: Lithril

VaughnT

Forager
Oct 23, 2013
Lost in South Carolina
Right now, I'm working on two different kinds of candle holders. Not sure how they'll look once all is said and done, but I'm hopeful that at least one pair will turn out halfway awesome!

24273918_1990902674531864_4386812765232959831_o.jpg

IMG_6125.JPG

VaughnT

Forager
Oct 23, 2013
Lost in South Carolina
Got a pair of candle holders made. Next up is some stocking hooks that clip to them.

tumblr_p0bulgx2AI1vm9smyo1_1280.jpg

While these things might look complicated, they're actually quite "easy" to make. The hard part is drilling all the holes for the central rivet.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have been making leather drink's mats (coasters) - felt backing and "Celtic" embossed fronts, key-ring fobs - again with embossed designs - and embossed leather book marks.
I managed to find an affordable Book Press locally and embossing is now easy :)
I have found the cheap "Craft" bits (such as letters and "frames" as well as some more complex designs) meant for paper and gift card crafts from "The Works" work well for embossing leather - if'n you have a press! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE