Cracking storm

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Well, as far as thunder storms go that was pitiful! Two or three rumbles, nae lightning and ground slightly wet... Disappointed to say the least. Hope the house that caught fire down south is ok and everyone's alright mind.

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
I got woken up at 3am and spent next few hours keeping tarp in place over the tent to keep dryish

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
It's died off here now but it was torrential this morning at 06:30 with thunder and lightning. Manchester railway station got hit and all the signalling went down as well.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I've been getting a thunderbumper plus 1 to 3 inches of rain every day for a few weeks now No change in the forecast.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Began here near Hereford at about 04.30, quite impressive. Fortunately it woke me as I'd left the tomatoes uncovered last night! Shot out in nightdress, sandals and raincoat to pull cover over - the cats looked at me with "Humans! Completely nuts !!!" expressions :rolleyes:. Toms are fine, garden very grateful for the water. It's still muggy here though, i think it's going to do it again later so have left the toms covered :rolleyes:

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Fair bit of thunder and lightning in Edinburgh, happy for some rain for the veg plot... Not quite so happy when out running...

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Wife was woken at 01:30 by torrential rain and thunder, and we were both woken at 04:30 with a large storm about a kilometre away. More of the same forecast for the rest of the day apparently.

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I don't know about "cracking storm", it was right over us on Monday night/Tuesday morning and killed my house phone (the unit not the line) and took out my BT openreach box!
New mind, the garden's looking good on it!

Dave

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Caught up with me early hours this morning, got woken up by the german shepard trying to get into the 2 inch gap under the sofa - nearly bloody suceeded as well!

Only a few bits of lighting and some thunder but the light and bang were pretty close. Looks like the rain is in for the day :) still muggy though.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Got about 1/4 tonne of water on my roof overnight, garden got a good soak and it was desperate for it. Always worries me being in a hammock in a thunderstorm. Not sure what the protocol is, do I get out of bed and try to find somewhere dry or stay hanging?

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Got about 1/4 tonne of water on my roof overnight, garden got a good soak and it was desperate for it. Always worries me being in a hammock in a thunderstorm. Not sure what the protocol is, do I get out of bed and try to find somewhere dry or stay hanging?

Assuming you mean the larger metric tonne that's only 550 pounds (or 55 Imperial gallons) Not really a lot of water on a roof for a heavy rainstorm.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE