Cowboy cookset on ebay

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
morch said:
Hi Red. Although i love coffee, I've never tried percolator coffee. Am i right in thinking its hotter, stronger and more bitter than using other methods, ie filter?

Dave

Morch,

Hotter, yeah because filter and cafitiere tend to cool as they brew (never boiling though). Stronger - only if you want it to be. More bitter - nooo. It should be smooth and flavoursome - all depends on the coffee you use of course! Gonna have to do a "how to" with photos methinks! :)

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
2 updates

1 ordered a new coffee pot (due in September but thanks for the PM).

Second, received the dutch oven, scoured it and seasoned it with 4 coats of baked on olive oil. Its now getting that lovely black, non-stick thing going on. WW you have rep - bargain guys - buy one!

red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Works just fine for me. You need to be careful about "banging around" enamel or it will chip, but this is more to do with "rough handling" than the fire itself. I had an old enamel dutch oven for years and it was fantastic. An expensive bit of kit (the enamel was very thick which is a factor)

HTH

Red

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
EdS said:
what enamelled stuff like to use on an open fire / direct flame. Is it OK or does it chip quickly?

Use it on anything from a campfire to a multifuel on full blast or in an oven, plates mugs bowls whatever. Brilliant stuff, maybe a bit heavy to backpack.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Well Morch...I remembered my promise today. I had a load of green (uncooked) coffee beans delivered. Sat in the garden and roasted them in a skillet on my MSR, ground the beans by hand and then made coffee in a proper coffee pot. Took some phots of the whole process if you still want to see how to make proper coffee?

Red

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
British Red said:
Well Morch...I remembered my promise today. I had a load of green (uncooked) coffee beans delivered. Sat in the garden and roasted them in a skillet on my MSR, ground the beans by hand and then made coffee in a proper coffee pot. Took some phots of the whole process if you still want to see how to make proper coffee?

Red
I would!, definately!
I'll have a look in your gallery

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE