Cowboy cookset on ebay

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Bu***r it Spikey I wanted that - jus a bit too slow.
Saw the same set for sale at detling but they wanted £40

Shucks

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
No grounds basket in the coffee pot if anyones bothered (I was so twasn't me as boughted it). Must have a shufti at the dutch ovens .

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Nah not really. The water forces its way up the inner tube and then filters through the basket and.......look, March next year, Welsh Marches, 7am, come and taste it. Honest. I know nuthin about nuthin barring coffee. Never boil it. the water needs to filter through the grounds. The coffee needs to have been ground from fresh roasted beans in the last 3 days (pref. 3 hours). You have to buy it from a proper coffee grower who doesn't rip his employees off too. Its like whisky - difference between Teachers and Caol Ila. Ask Hawk or Ludlow or BB or all the others who have tried it. Fresh ground, properly brewed coffee, on a fire, from a pot. Just can't beat it. Currently using a perc that was kindly recycled to me by Nemesis (where TF is Nemesis these days....Dave......DAVE where are ya bud?). gonna burn it out soon....need a proper, enamel, 10 cup perc with the glass bit in the lid to know when to move it to low heat.....found only one in the UK and it £40 ***

Oh, just bought a dutch oven from the Link so rep points to Mr DaP' and Bothyman.

Home made port all around

Oh - and please don't suggest the bleddy teas strainer heresy again or you shall be forcibly cast from the team o' late night mead guzzlers :D

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Spamel,

Its true, a sharp rap with a stick works too. Its just not the same though. Great coffee is worth the effort. Honest.

Mr DaP'. Its 2 year old home made port tonight - if this is an acceptable tincture, pass yer Dartington schooner (or Crusader Mug :D). Seriously though - Wesh Marches, next meet, come and try it!

Off to check the E-bay link..............

Red

Edit to say...close...no cigar though

This is the puppy I want (or very similar) - gonna end up paying this amount soon - its silly money for a bit of enamel though - still I found this at a UK source and its the cheapest I have found yet

http://www.shop4lessuk.com/product_details/CO802-705.html

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'll PM the details when we fix a date - may have to meet you somehwere given your normal means of transport and give yah a lift the last bit - lets put it this way - we had to ground anchor the Landy at one meet :eek: - a lickle bit steep - no probs with the hammocks though (there are a couple of pre-built shelters too if you would rather travel light). Close but not perfect on the pot - see above

Red

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
Hi Red. Although i love coffee, I've never tried percolator coffee. Am i right in thinking its hotter, stronger and more bitter than using other methods, ie filter?

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE