COVID Garden Camping!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Here's an idea.... let this thread run and show your garden camping during the COVID19 lockdown! Get inspired or inspire others to enjoy their gardens!

Fire lay ready for this evening!

dd20cd311d0e8d0d893f6c2bb161a795.jpg

The Expeditioning Camp is set up! 2 little ones in the tent, grown up in bivvy bag under tarp wing...

4de7903a10e21f6df5c7432bc612f834.jpg

Looking up at this tarp.... its seen better days! The odd tiny burn hole here and there, a couple of repairable tears in a corner where it must of got snagged... still a few years left in it though for sure!

369511f27660a36d63bd18248c99618b.jpg

A cosy fire and some scary stories! A nip of sloe gin to warm the heart.....

4614abaa67c2044607f87fd669befc94.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Looks like fun. I eat and drink far too much on those trips.
Still 2' of snow and 5' drifts in my back yard, more snow in the night.
Total ban on any outdoor biomass fires ( wood, etc) as the smoke is hard on respiration.
Petrol camp stoves and propane BBQ are still OK.

In a past(?) life, what was your fire dish?

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Only got a backyard or we'd be doing that too. Can't do it at my parent's because they're in at risk group. Besides they've only been in their house for a few months and it's all hard landscaping except for a sloping lawn. So jealous of anyone with a lawn right now.

Our plan for this year was to buy a new, modest house with garden and garage. Not sure that will happen this year now. We're a year too late doing it.

Reactions: Robson Valley

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Only got a backyard or we'd be doing that too. Can't do it at my parent's because they're in at risk group. Besides they've only been in their house for a few months and it's all hard landscaping except for a sloping lawn. So jealous of anyone with a lawn right now.

Our plan for this year was to buy a new, modest house with garden and garage. Not sure that will happen this year now. We're a year too late doing it.
That might be an excuse for a hammock?

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Got a silk 2 berth hammock that's actually big and strong enough for the three of us. Not sure I'd like to sleep in a hammock though.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk

house prices will likely fall, so you may luck out tbh

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Especially since we'll not be selling our current house but renting it out. I know that's not very socially responsible but for various reasons retirement will be bleak if we don't. Buy low and sell high, isn't that the way to go? Renting would just be about maintaining both houses until right to sell up.

Not sure how the estate agency business is during the pandemic but I doubt many people are moving right now. Is it even allowed???

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Do it if you can, you have to look after yourself. You worked hard for this.

No idea about Estate agencies, had better check.

Reactions: santaman2000

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Looks like fun. I eat and drink far too much on those trips.
Still 2' of snow and 5' drifts in my back yard, more snow in the night.
Total ban on any outdoor biomass fires ( wood, etc) as the smoke is hard on respiration.
Petrol camp stoves and propane BBQ are still OK.

In a past(?) life, what was your fire dish?
No, it's a 2 ft metal fire pit, buried into the ground, but the pictures does make it look rather small!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE